SecuROM Support Information
We apologize for the problems you are experiencing. If your software title launch problem cannot be solved with the hints listed in the Messages section, please send a detailed error description and a SecuROM analysis file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consult the following steps to generate this analysis file.
We developed this easy-to-use and effective error analysis tool to retrieve information necessary to locate the problem. The information contained in the analysis file is compressed and encrypted.
Click here to download a video, which shows the procedure.
- Make sure the original disc (play or launch disc) is in a local CD or DVD-ROM drive.
- Please reboot your computer and do not start any additional applications.
- "Right-click" (click the right button of your mouse) on the desktop shortcut or actual executable.
- A dialog menu will appear. Choose "Launch Analysis" from the menu choices.
- After selecting "Launch Analysis," a disclaimer window will appear.
- To proceed, please click onto the "Yes" button.
- The program will now generate an "AnalysisLog.sr0" file within the root of your C:\ directory.
- Please "zip" (archive) this file (to avoid email corruption) and send it to our official email address email@example.com together with a description of your problem (e.g. screenshots, further details).
If you can't perform the right-click procedure, please follow these steps:
Please be informed the SecuROM analysis file does not contain any personal information. It contains only SecuROM related information, which allows us to analyze and solve your problem.
- Make sure that your original play/application disc is in your local CD or DVD drive.
- Please re-start your computer.
- Locate your game executable, and right-click with your mouse on this file.
- You will receive a drop down menu. Go down to 'properties'.
- Next, you will be copying the already highlighted TARGET information. To do this, on your keyboard, select CTRL & C to copy this information.
- Now, on your keyboard, click on the Windows button (between Ctrl and Alt) and the letter 'R' at the same time. This will open a 'Run dialog box'.
Type 'cmd' (no quotation marks) and press 'OK'. Now a DOS window will appear.
- Next type 'cd\' (without quotation marks) and hit 'OK'. This should take you to the root of your C:/ drive.
- Now, you will be pasting the TARGET information obtained from step 5. To do this, right-click with your mouse, and go down to 'paste'.
- Next, press the space bar once, and add the text '/secuexp' (without quotation marks) and press Enter.
An example of what your entire line will look like (need quotation marks):
"C:/Program Files/PublisherName/GameFolderTitle/gameexename.exe" /secuexp
- Hit 'Enter' on keyboard
- A disclaimer window may appear on your screen. To proceed, please click onto the 'Yes' button. A window stating that an Analysis log will be generated may appear, if so click 'OK'. If an error message appears, please click 'Cancel'.
XP USERS: Your 'AnalysisLog.sr0' file will be saved to the root of your C:/ drive. To get there, locate 'My Computer', open your C:/ drive and you will see 'AnalysisLog.sr0'.
VISTA USERS: Your 'AnalysisLog.sr0' file will be stored in the following path:
'C:\Users\?YOUR USER?\AppData\Local\Temp\AnalysisLog.sr0'. If by chance this folder is hidden, you may have to display hidden folders.
To do so, please follow these steps:
1. Go to 'Start' and left-click on 'Control Panel'.
2. Left-click on 'Appearance and Personalization'. Then select 'Folder Options'.
3. Now select the 'View' tab, then select 'Show hidden files and folders'. You should now have access to the folder.
- Please zip the 'AnalysisLog.sr0' file using a program such as WinZip, WinAce, or WinRAR (to prevent email corruption) and send this file as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your SecuROM support team.